Today has been some day. My day began with helping my 7 year old who I swear thinks that either she is 17 or the boss of our home deal with her clothing dilemmas. Apparently I haven’t purchased the exact right clothes to meet her fashionista needs. After school drop off, I had a helpful albeit frustrating discussion with my professional mentor who had some insightful albeit difficult feedback. Then I rushed from one client to another. Went to the Apple store to learn more about my new computer. Haven’t stopped working until now because I have a proposal I have to present tomorrow. Intermittedly, I talked on the phone to prospects and a bit with friends. I am whipped.
When I finally stopped for a moment, had a glass of wine, I realized that I have so much to be grateful in the midst of the craziness of a day like today.
- I have children who at times may be frustrating and take a lot of my time and energy are the lights of my life and enrich me in so many ways
- I have a career that I love, that matches who I am, what I am passionate about and what I am good at
- I have clients. In this economy, I am quite blessed.
- My new client who is a beer distributor introduced me to what I am sure will be my new favorite beer. Now that is amazing.
- I have prospects/clients in the pipeline who are interested in what I have to offer.
- I have a professional mentor who challenges me regularly to grow.
- I have friends and people in my life whom I love.
Work is not always easy. Relationships can be hard. But this is what life is all about. The small stuff is the stuff that matters. The everyday challenges are what matters because that is life. That is what is real. Vacations are fun. But real life, as difficult as it can be, is the essence of what it means to be human.
So, thank you Lord, for the challenges of my day. I am grateful to be alive!
p.s. And to RW, DM, BM, KS, SW, AK, HK, JK, LB, CB, DW…so thankful to have you in my life!!